San Francisco City Hall is a beautiful wedding venue where Joe Di Maggio married Marilyn Monroe and Mexican artists Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera proclaimed their union.
We love photographing San Francisco City Hall weddings – they are often the most natural, intimate, and harmonic weddings we see where the amount of love in the air is always inspiring.
We have been photographing weddings at San Francisco City Hall for over seven years and would be happy to capture your special celebration.
We Offer Two Simple Packages:
- Package I: up to Two Hours – your ceremony and a full portrait session in and around the City Hall – $995
- Package II: up to Three Hours – everything above plus one additional photo location in San Francisco – $1,295
San Francisco City Hall Wedding Photographer Packages Include:
- Up to 3 hours of continuous coverage, which allows enough time to capture everything from the pre-ceremony preparations in room 168 to the ceremony itself, group family photos, as well as the creative bride and groom portraits
- Your wedding images are retouched and finished within 4 weeks of your wedding day. Full-resolution and print-ready images are delivered in a gallery online where you can download the photographs.
- Downloading of the images is included in the package cost – there are no additional charges for this.
Here is why we rock:
- We’re familiar with City Hall and know where to be and how to best capture all of your story-telling moments: the spontaneous candids, ceremony close-ups, creative and modern portraits, as well as your family and group photographs.
- Given the short time frame of City Hall weddings, we know how to work very quickly to capture images with the most variety and highest quality.
- Our artistic style is a blend of unobtrusive documentary coverage with a flair for creative and stunning portraits.
- We use professional grade high-resolution cameras, lenses, and always bring back-up equipment.
We also offer custom designed wedding albums, engagement sessions, and day-after photo sessions. San Francisco City Hall wedding packages are available Monday – Thursday and on select Fridays. City Hall Packages do not include reception dinner coverage (contact us for details on our Wedding Collections for full wedding coverage).
Contact us to learn more about SF City Hall wedding packages, see more galleries, and to reserve your date!
Some of our favorite City Hall moments:
The San Francisco City Hall is a wonderful place for an elopement. We photograph couples who come from other states, and even countries to get married at our City Hall.
Katherine and Joseph visited from Miami and wanted to have a private and memorable elopement in our beautiful town.
Weddings often allow us to meet people with whom we click right away. Sveta and Dae are the sweetest couple and we are still in touch with them, several years after their SF City Hall wedding.
We love to roam the City Hall and come up with new angles and ideas for creative portraits.
Some couples choose to have a ceremony at the San Francisco City Hall and a reception dinner at another venue. Anna and Gary had their beautiful party at the St Francis Yacht Club.
Their ceremony took place on the Mayor’s Balcony at the City Hall. We just loved the style of this wedding!
We were so thrilled when equality prevailed and every couple was finally able to get married. This was a wedding between two people in love and we were honored to be a part of their day.
We believe that skin-color and gender have no meaning when it comes to love. It’s absolutely wonderful when people have equal rights.
Many of our City Hall wedding couples choose to have additional locations for portraits. This usually happens after the ceremony and adds a nice variety to the scenes and backgrounds.
There are an infinite number of gorgeous settings in San Francisco. We traveled to The Palace of Fine Arts on this beautiful day.
This was a winter wedding with a lovely couple who also wanted to travel for additional portrait locations. In addition to the City Hall, we went to Crissy Field and the adjacent Palace of Fine Arts.
Anna’s striking blue wedding colors and unique wedding dress and made for dramatic photos.
It is always an honor for us to be invited to photograph a wedding. But it’s something even more special when a couple has been together for almost 20 years and are only now for the first time allowed to get married.
Kim and Margaret had to wait a very long time and their dream has now become a reality.
You’ll need two reservations – one to get your marriage license and the second for your ceremony. You can make reservations up to 90 day in advance of your ceremony date. Reservations for City Hall ceremonies can be made online (Online Civil Ceremony Reservations) or in person.
Ceremonies are available Monday-Friday from 10am to 3:30pm. The couple and no more than 2 witnesses should arrive to the Room 168 for check-in 10 minutes before your appointment time. There’s a limit of 10 minutes for the ceremony and photos. The ceremony takes about half of the time. We will then photograph you at other beautiful places around City Hall as well as other San Francisco locations.
You will need 1 witness and can have no more than 6 guests, although we have seen bigger gatherings. We have acted as a witness for our clients in the past and are honored to do it again, so just ask.
City Hall offers several places for the ceremony. You can take a Photo Tour of City Hall. The Rotunda is beautiful and free, but unfortunately cannot be guaranteed. Since it’s a popular spot, there may be other couples waiting nearby. The 4th Floor and the Mayor’s Balcony are both more private, can accommodate up to 100 guests, and the space is yours for one hour. You’ll need to reserve them through the Office of Special Events for an additional fee.
Don’t forget to bring legal photo identification, cash or check to pay all fees, a valid marriage license, rings and a witness.
Contact us today to see more galleries, learn about the wedding packages, and reserve your date!