San Francisco City Hall is a beautiful wedding venue where Joe Di Maggio married Marilyn Monroe and Mexican artists Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera proclaimed their union.
We love photographing San Francisco City Hall weddings – they are often the most natural, intimate, and harmonic weddings we see where the amount of love in the air is always mind-blowing!
Famous for its tall airy dome, City Hall is an architectural feast for the eyes that yields countless creative and stylish photo opportunities.
We have been photographing weddings at San Francisco City Hall for over seven years and would be happy to capture your special celebration!
We Offer Two Simple Packages:
- Package I: up to Two Hours – your ceremony and a full portrait session in and around the City Hall – $995
- Package II: up to Three Hours – your ceremony, City Hall portraits, and one additional location anywhere in San Francisco – $1,295
San Francisco City Hall Wedding Photographer Packages Include:
- Up to 3 hours of continuous coverage, which allows enough time to capture everything from the pre-ceremony preparations in room 168 to the ceremony itself, group family photos, and finally creative portraits of the bride and groom both inside and outside of the City Hall.
- Your wedding images are individually retouched and finished within 4 weeks of your wedding day. Full-resolution, edited, print-ready images are delivered in a private online gallery where you can download the photographs and your friends and family can order custom prints.
Here is why we rock:
- We’re familiar with City Hall and know where to be and how to best capture all of your story-telling moments: the spontaneous candids, ceremony close-ups, creative and modern portraits, as well as your family and group photographs.
- Given the short time frame of City Hall weddings, we know how to work very quickly to capture images with the most variety and highest quality.
- Our artistic style is a blend of unobtrusive documentary coverage with a flair for creative and stunning portraits.
- We use professional grade high-resolution cameras, lenses, and always bring back-up equipment.
We also offer custom designed wedding albums, engagement sessions, and day-after photo sessions. San Francisco City Hall wedding packages are available Monday – Thursday and on select Fridays. City Hall Packages do not include reception dinner coverage (contact us for details on our Wedding Collections for full wedding coverage).
Contact us to learn more about SF City Hall wedding packages, see more galleries, and to reserve your date!
Some of our favorite City Hall moments:
The San Francisco City Hall is a wonderful place for an elopement. We photograph couples who come from other states, and even countries to get married at our City Hall.
Katherine and Joseph visited from Miami and wanted to have a private and memorable elopement in our beautiful town.
Weddings often allow us to meet people with whom we click right away. Sveta and Dae are the sweetest couple and we are still in touch with them, several years after their SF City Hall wedding.
We love to roam the City Hall and come up with new angles and ideas for creative portraits.
Their ceremony took place on the Mayor’s Balcony at the City Hall. We just loved the style of this wedding!
We believe that skin-color and gender have no meaning when it comes to love. It’s absolutely wonderful when people have equal rights.
There are an infinite number of gorgeous settings in San Francisco. We traveled to The Palace of Fine Arts on this beautiful day.
We loved Anna’s striking blue wedding colors and unique wedding dress and it made for dramatic photos.
Kim and Margaret had to wait a very long time and their dream has now become a reality.
You’ll need two reservations – one to get your marriage license and the second for your ceremony. You can make reservations up to 90 day in advance of your ceremony date. Reservations for City Hall ceremonies can be made online (Online Civil Ceremony Reservations) or in person.
Ceremonies are available Monday-Friday from 10am to 3:30pm. The couple and no more than 2 witnesses should arrive to the Room 168 for check-in 10 minutes before your appointment time. There’s a limit of 10 minutes for the ceremony and photos. The ceremony takes about half of the time. We will then photograph you at other beautiful places around City Hall as well as other San Francisco locations.
You will need 1 witness and can have no more than 6 guests, although we have seen bigger gatherings. We have acted as a witness for our clients in the past and are honored to do it again, so just ask.
City Hall offers several places for the ceremony. You can take a Photo Tour of City Hall. The Rotunda is beautiful and free, but unfortunately cannot be guaranteed. Since it’s a popular spot, there may be other couples waiting nearby. The 4th Floor and the Mayor’s Balcony are both more private, can accommodate up to 100 guests, and the space is yours for one hour. You’ll need to reserve them through the Office of Special Events for an additional fee.
Don’t forget to bring legal photo identification, cash or check to pay all fees, a valid marriage license, rings and a witness.
Contact us today to see more galleries, learn about the wedding packages, and reserve your date!